529/2319
Home /

The Cork Convent

DSC_4324.JPG Courtyard of the FountainThumbnailsDoor of DeathCourtyard of the FountainThumbnailsDoor of DeathCourtyard of the FountainThumbnailsDoor of Death

The Convent is insulated with cork, hence the alternative name "Cork Convent". The name was given by William Beckford in his diary of a journey to Portugal in 1787. The cork is obtained from the many oaks in the grounds.

Author
Mojca Vilfan
Visits
443

0 comments